10 January 2017
A recent survey on the adoption of IoT for smart homes by Deloitte reveals that some 52% of home owners have some form of connected device installed but the majority of these are connected entertainment devices, such as smart TV’s. It identified several emerging trends and found that better management of the house heating (thermostat) comes top of the list.
Most of these home owners wanted to remotely control their heating, be it electricity, gas or oil, by activating the heating controls remotely or when the internal temperature drops to a pre-set level.
The most likely group of consumers to purchase connected devices to manage heating were in the 55 to 64 year age group, once their existing controls need replacing. The barriers to buying the technology across the various age groups were common;
Perception (difficult to use)
At Text On, one of Ireland’s leading home energy management providers, we’ve released a new product that does exactly what it says on the box….
Simple to install (takes any qualified electrician less than 1 hour)
- Simple to use – Text On uses your mobile phone to control all the heating. A simple text command is all you need to activate your heating – turn it on remotely and turn off again.
- Thermostat control – the Text On system has a temperature sensor and can automatically turn on your heating (and turn it off again) when a user defined value is set up……..and all from your mobile phone
- Price – retailing at only €135 (excl VAT), this is probably the best value in the market
- Other benefits – never suffer from frost damage again, using the Text On system can alert you to a sudden drop in temperature and either automatically turn on the heating or let you do it manually
- Text On remote heating systems have already been installed in over 500 homes and holiday residences in Ireland. With this simple yet robust solution an extended life cycle is assured.
- This is MUST for anyone owning a holiday home or where STORAGE heating is installed
Text On manufactures and sells remote heating management systems for use in domestic and holiday homes, small business premises, schools and assembly halls. The company has been operating since 2013 and is based in Limerick.
Contact Declan@texton.ie for more information or phone 087 2562206